Honey allergy is a real existing hypersensitivity reaction that most closely resembles pollen-food cross-allergy. This does not mean that those who are sensitive to pollen cannot consume honey, but it is recommended to avoid certain types of honey.
The symptoms of honey allergy
- Itching of the palate, tongue, and throat
- Blisters in the mouth or throat
- Itching, redness around the mouth and neck
- Sneezing, runny nose
- Abdominal pain – caused not by the pollen but by fructose found in honey. If fructose cannot be completely absorbed, bloating, abdominal pain, and diarrhea may occur. If these symptoms also occur when consuming other foods containing fructose, it may indicate fructose intolerance. In such cases, it is recommended to consult a doctor who can determine the cause of the allergic symptoms through testing.
- Rarely, it can cause an allergic shock.
Comb honey is an excellent aid in the prevention and treatment of pollen allergy. The essence of the therapy is to consume honeycomb honey in its entirety, and particularly chew the wax portion, especially the wax caps, for an extended period of time. By consuming honeycomb honey in this manner, nasal congestion quickly subsides, and sneezing, itching, and runny nose can be alleviated rapidly. There is even a possibility of eliminating stubborn allergies.
The stages of honey allergy
Traditional medicine recognizes three levels: mild, moderate, and severe allergies. Treatment options can be either preventive or curative.
Prevention of mild and moderate pollen allergy
Start consuming honeycomb honey at least once a day, one month before the allergy season. After sucking on the honey, chew the wax until it is no longer in your mouth. Besides honey, chewing the wax, especially the wax caps, plays a significant role in terms of effectiveness.
Prevention of severe pollen allergy:
It is recommended to start consuming honey, or preferably honeycomb honey, with every meal, three months before the beginning of the allergy season. Before bedtime, mix 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it. Additionally, two weeks before the start of the allergy season, it is advised to drink a mixture of 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, both in the morning and evening. Chewing wax caps, or rather honeycomb honey, frequently is also recommended.
Treatment of mild pollen allergy:
It is recommended to consume honeycomb honey three times a week or have 2 small teaspoons of honey with each meal. This helps keep the nose clear and dry.
Treatment of moderate pollen allergy:
For the first 2 days, it is recommended to consume honeycomb honey five times a day. Then, continue consuming it three times a day as long as necessary. In this case, regular honey can also be used instead of honeycomb honey, but in that case, have 2 small teaspoons of honey with each meal.
Treatment of severe pollen allergy:
Before bedtime, mix 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it. Additionally, it is recommended to drink a mixture of 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, both in the morning and evening. Chewing wax caps, or rather honeycomb honey, frequently is also advised.
Back to the articles in the category